8 “Touchless Mobile Experiences” That You Can Expect By 2015
With iBeacons rolling out across the country, the age of touchless mobile experiences is upon us. Thanks to these devices, we’re on the verge of seamless digital enhancement for our offline lives. Here are 8 of the coolest ways that “smarterphones” could help us in the very near future:
1. At a music festival, your phone makes you a playlist based on which bands you saw.
2. At a restaurant, your phone recommends certain foods based on how many calories you’ve burned that day. Ran three miles this morning? Go ahead, have dessert.
3. At the mall, your phone alerts you that a new style that you previously liked is finally in stock.
4. A doctor knows his patient’s exact status, just by walking into a hospital room.
5. At a conference for work? Your phone knows which panels and keynotes you attended, and aggregates presentation materials for you.
6. At the ballgame, your phone tells you how likely you are to catch a foul ball or home run based on where you’re sitting.
7. At the train station, your phone senses you’re on the platform and tells you if your train is on time or delayed, and where to stand to get the car with the most available seats.
8. At the airport, your phone beams you a map of nearby power outlets, tells you if your flight is delayed, and of any deals that might be around the terminal.
These are just a few examples of how iBeacon might affect our daily lives in the near future. Let us know in the comments if you have other ideas around where iBeacon will be in 2015and beyond!